Delta-8 and delta-10 THC are cannabinoids found in cannabis that can cause a moderate euphoria, depending on the amount consumed. Delta-10 THC produces a much gentler reaction than delta-8 THC, making it a good option for new users of cannabis who prefer a more subdued feeling. Both delta-8 and delta-10 THC are legally obtainable in CBD stores in most of the US and are sold online in various product forms, including vape cartridges, distillates, gummies, and flowers.
CBD Store Products: Delta-8 and Delta-10
Key Differences and Similarities
- Delta-8 and Delta-10 are derivatives of delta-9 THC.
- Both belong to the family of "tetrahydrocannabinol" with other compounds like THCA, THCV, and THCP.
- Delta-8 is around 50-66% as potent as delta-9, while delta-10 is about 20-30% less powerful than delta-8.
- They have molecular similarities with delta-9 but differ slightly in their molecular structures, resulting in different behavior inside the body.
- In high doses, delta-8 can cause anxiety, paranoia, and fear, but neither causes significant side effects in mild-to-moderate doses.
- Delta-8 has been shown to have possible antiemetic, anti-inflammatory, appetite-stimulating, analgesic, and social qualities, while research on delta-10 is almost nonexistent.
- Naturally-derived delta-8 and delta-10 are federally legal and protected under the 2018 Farm Bill. However, they may be considered synthetic controlled substances when synthesized from CBD or delta-9.
How Delta-8 and Delta-10 Work
Delta-8 and delta-10 interact similarly with your endocannabinoid system and its receptors as delta-9 THC. Nevertheless, their affinity for the cannabinoid receptors is lower compared to delta-9, which leads to a milder high with fewer adverse side effects.
Which One Gives You a Stronger Reaction?
Delta-8 provides a more pronounced euphoric high than delta-10, but both are less potent than delta-9 THC, making them ideal for novice users seeking a gentler experience.
Delta-8 enhances mood, focus, and concentration, inducing a relaxed and calm sensation similar to Sativa strains. Delta-10 produces a stimulating "head buzz" akin to drinking a few beers but is less likely to have a full-body high.
Which is Better for Anxiety?
Although there is little scientific evidence regarding the effects of delta-8 and delta-10 on anxiety, anecdotal accounts indicate that delta-8 may be helpful, particularly in small doses. This result is likely because delta-8 has fewer adverse side effects and produces an uplifting cerebral high, which can be beneficial for reducing anxiety and enhancing mood.
Delta-10, on the other hand, has a similar euphoric effect to delta-8 and delta-9, but it is less potent. If you experience anxiety from THC, delta-10's mild uplifting effects could be a viable alternative.
Which is Better for Pain and Inflammation?
Delta-8 THC is more effective than delta-10 for alleviating pain and inflammation, primarily when used with CBD. Studies showed that topical application of delta-8 and CBD reduced corneal inflammation and pain by activating cannabinoid 1 (CB1), cannabinoid 2 (CB2), and serotonin (5-HT1A) receptors.
Delta-8 may also benefit people with inflammatory illnesses like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Conversely, no research on delta-10 and its effect on pain and inflammation exists.
Delta-8 and delta-10 are cannabinoids found in CBD stores across most US states. In addition, they offer a milder THC experience that is suitable for novice users. Delta-8 is recommended as a starting point because delta-10 has not been as extensively studied.
Pure Remedies CBD
Are you interested in trying delta-8 or delta-10 products? Pure Remedies CBD can help. Check out our products online or contact us at 803-548-1355, and our professional staff can help you select a product to meet your needs.